Exhibition Guides for Educators
NMWA’s educators’ guides are rich resources created to complement the museum’s special exhibitions.
Written for K–12 teachers, these guides include biographical information about artists and artworks, digital images, discussion questions, suggested classroom activities, and related standards of learning.
This resource packet was developed in conjunction with the exhibition American People, Black Light: Faith Ringgold’s Paintings of the 1960s, which was on view at NMWA from June 21–Novmeber 10, 2013.
The guide contains:
- Nine digital images
- Information about the artist and artwork
- Suggested discussion questions
- Worksheet and classroom activities
- Related standards of learning (Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia)
- Glossary of selected art terms, movements, and historical moments
- Civil Rights Era quotations that put the artwork in context