Program Proposal Guidelines
Interested in submitting a program proposal at NMWA? Read through the guidelines below.
If you have an idea for a hands-on art workshop, literary reading, film screening, or other public program at the museum, please create a proposal to send to NMWA’s Education department including:
- Information about yourself or the organization you represent
- A short description of the proposed program
- Resources required including but not limited to materials, technology/AV, space, and staffing
- Estimated budget, indicating which costs you anticipate NMWA covering
- How your program relates to NMWA’s mission
- Date/month/time of year you envision for the program
Due to the exceptional volume of submissions, we are unable to respond individually. If you do not receive a response within 90 days, this is an indication that your program is not a good fit at this time. We will keep proposals on file for one year from the date of submission and will be in touch if an opportunity for inclusion in our schedule arises. Please understand that opportunities for inclusion in our programming calendar are very limited.
- We are unable to return submitted materials. Do not include any original artwork OR self-addressed stamped envelopes
- NMWA’s exhibition schedule is planned approximately two to three years in advance, and our programming is developed accordingly. Therefore, NMWA can rarely accommodate unsolicited submissions for programs
PLEASE SEND MATERIALS TO:
National Museum of Women in the Arts
1250 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20005
Or submit electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for considering the National Museum of Women in the Arts.