Guidelines for Art Submissions
Please read the following guidelines for submitting work for review by the museum’s curators.
If you are a woman artist and would like to introduce your work to NMWA's curators, or would like to share information about a woman artist, please submit the following materials to NMWA's Curatorial
- A cover letter introducing yourself and the images you are submitting for review. Specifically state whether the work(s) are intended for donation, acquisition, or exhibition.
- A copy of the artist's resume or a short bio
- Up to 10 images of the work(s) to be considered labeled with the artist's name, title, date, medium, and dimensions. You may submit printed images or JPGs.
Due to the exceptional volume of submissions, we are unable to respond individually. If you do not receive a response within 90 days, this is an indication that the Committee has declined to pursue your proposal.
- We are unable to return submitted materials. Please do not include any original artwork OR self- addressed stamped envelopes.
- NMWA curators cannot make studio visits, view works in person, or make visits to private collections during the initial phase of the review. If the Curatorial Review Committee is interested in your work, we will contact you about any further steps.
- Although the Committee carefully reviews each proposal, opportunities for inclusion in the exhibition program and collection are very limited.
- NMWA as an institution cannot perform appraisals or authentications of any work of art.
Please send materials to:
Curatorial Review Committee
National Museum of Women in the Arts
1250 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Or submit electronically to: email@example.com
Thank you for considering the National Museum of Women in the Arts.