Guidelines for Art Submissions
Please read the following guidelines for submitting work for review by the museum’s Curatorial Review Committee.
Thank you for your interest in the National Museum of Women in the Arts. If you have information you would like to share regarding a potential donation or exhibition proposal, please read the following information carefully before submitting materials to NMWA’s Curatorial Review Committee.
- A cover letter stating the intent of your submission: artwork donation or exhibition project/proposal; a copy of the artist's resume, short bio, or brief description of the project.
- Up to 10 images of the work(s) labeled with the artist's name, title, date, medium, and dimensions. You may submit JPGs for electronic submissions or printed images via mail. Please do not send CDs or USB flash drives.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Although the Committee carefully reviews each proposal, due to the exceptional volume of submissions received we are unable to respond individually. If you do not receive a response within 90 days, this is an indication that the Committee has declined to pursue your proposal.
- We are unable to return submitted materials. Please do not include any original artwork OR self-addressed stamped envelopes.
- NMWA staff cannot make studio visits, view works in person, or make visits to private collections during the initial phase of the review. If the Curatorial Review Committee is interested in your work, we will contact you about any further steps.
- Opportunities for inclusion in the exhibition program and collection are very limited.
- NMWA as an institution cannot perform appraisals or authentications of any work of art.
Submit electronically (preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, send materials to:
Curatorial Review Committee
National Museum of Women in the Arts
1250 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Thank you for considering the National Museum of Women in the Arts.