Benefits of Being a Member
Help us advocate for women in and through the arts! Members support our exhibitions, education programs, outreach, publications, and so much more. Members enjoy special benefits including invitations to exclusive events and a subscription to the Women in the Arts magazine. Members at the Advocate ($75) level and higher receive free admission to the museum.
Enhance Your Membership by Joining the Circles
Members of the Circles provide significant philanthropic support and enjoy enhanced membership benefits.
Benefits Beyond Washington, D.C.
Members at the Explorer ($180) level and higher can take advantage of the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association and Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums (ROAM), which includes free admission to outstanding museums nationwide.
All Members enjoy:
- Invitations to members-only events
- Exclusive access to new virtual programming
- Subscription to Women in the Arts, NMWA’s award-winning magazine (now with four editions!)
- Member e-newsletters and special offers
- Recognition on the website
- 10% discount in the online Museum Shop
All regular membership benefits for one adult.
- International member dues at the NMWA Virtual level are $70 to cover the extra magazine postage fees. Become an international member today.
- Fully tax deductible
All regular membership benefits for one adult, plus:
- Free admission
- Invitations to Member preview days
- Member discounts on programs and events
- International member dues at the Advocate level are $85 to cover the extra magazine postage fees. Become an international member today.
- Fully tax deductible
All membership benefits of the Advocate level for two adults, plus:
- Two free guest tickets for admission (Total: 2)
- Tax deductible amount of $88
All membership benefits of the Advocate Plus level, plus:
- Free admission to outstanding museums nationwide through the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association and Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums (ROAM)
- Tax deductible amount of $148
All membership benefits of the Explorer level, plus:
- Two additional guest tickets for admission (Total: 4)
- NMWA in Focus behind the scenes experiences
- A specially selected book about a woman artist sent to you each fall, chosen by the Director of NMWA’s Library and Research Center
- Tax deductible amount of $216
All membership benefits of the Enthusiast level, plus:
- Recognition in Women in the Arts magazine
- An invitation for two to an exhibition opening and discounts on tickets for additional guests
- Tax deductible amount of $466
Give the Gift of Membership
Gift memberships are available at all levels. Gift recipients receive all the benefits of membership. The recipient of your gift will receive a gift membership packet, including the most recent issue of Women in the Arts magazine, along with a welcome letter noting who the gift is from. Purchase a gift membership online or call our office.
Telling authentic stories of complex women is important and necessary. I support women artists in order to continue shaping representation in a progressive way.”
Have Questions about Membership?
Find answers to our most commonly asked questions about membership, including information about our Membership Automatic Renewal program, updating personal information, replacing membership cards, access to special events, other ways to support the museum, and more.
If we can further assist you, please contact us. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
Toll free: 866-875-4627