Free Community Day: December
The first Sunday of the month is Community Day at NMWA!
Visit us on Community Day for FREE admission to the museum—take this opportunity to explore our current exhibitions, permanent collection, and events.
WHAT’S ON VIEW:
- Judy Chicago—The End: A Meditation on Death and Extinction showcases feminist icon Judy Chicago’s newest works, which reflect on the artist’s own death and the death of entire species.
- Live Dangerously celebrates women claiming their natural environments through dreamy and witty photographs, including all of Janaina Tschäpe’s “100 Little Deaths” (1996–2002).
- Women Artists of the Dutch Golden Age explores the lives and works of several highly successful artists in the Netherlands during the 17th and early 18th centuries.
- Betsabeé Romero: Signals of a Long Road Together is the latest installation in NMWA’s public art series, the New York Avenue Sculpture Project.
- 1 p.m.—Fierce Women is a fun, free tour highlighting women who thumbed their noses at the limited roles society accorded them, and blazed a trail as artists, activists, and innovators.