Free Community Day: January
The first Sunday of the month is Community Day at NMWA!
Visit us on Community Day for FREE admission to the museum—take this opportunity to explore our current exhibitions, newly reinstalled collection, and events.
WHAT’S ON VIEW:
- Rodarte explores the creative vision of sisters Kate Mulleavy and Laura Mulleavy, founders of fashion label Rodarte, through a selection of individual looks, accessories, and videos.
- Ambreen Butt combines the Pakistani-American artist’s training in traditional, labor-intensive Persian miniature painting with contemporary political subject matter.
- Betsabeé Romero: Signals of a Long Road Together is the latest installation in NMWA’s public art series, the New York Avenue Sculpture Project.
- 1 p.m. “Fierce Women” is a free tour highlighting women who refused to let men define their place; thumbed their noses at the limited roles society accorded them; and blazed a trail as artists, activists, and innovators.
- 2:15 p.m. In connection with special exhibition Rodarte, watch Woodshock (2017), the Mulleavy sisters’ feature film debut.