Free Community Weekend: Women’s March on Washington
Enjoy free admission all weekend at NMWA!
Visit us for FREE admission all weekend, January 19–21. Hundreds of thousands of visitors will travel to Washington, D.C. for the Women’s March on Washington on Sat., January 19, 2019. Take this opportunity to join us as we celebrate the creative contributions of women and champion women through the arts!
- Discover the newly reinstalled collection, featuring highlights in a new installation emphasizing connections between historical and contemporary art.
- See the much raved about exhibition Rodarte, closing Feb. 10. Rodarte showcases the designers’ visionary concepts, craftsmanship and impact on the fashion industry.
- Look closely at the works in Ambreen Butt—Mark My Words, which reimagines traditional Indian and Persian miniature painting with works featuring contemporary women and political subject matter.
- Look outside: Betsabeé Romero: Signals of a Long Road Together is the latest installation in NMWA’s public art series, the New York Avenue Sculpture Project.
Not required. Free admission.
- Saturday, January 19: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Sunday, January 20: 12 p.m.–5 p.m.
- Monday, January 21: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.