FRESH TALK: Rooms of Her Own—Women, Art, and Ownership in the Hotel Industry
Part of the 2019 MakeHer Summit
The hospitality industry is changing to adapt to today’s concerns over sustainability and the preservation of place and culture. How can women hoteliers, artists, and artisans help address these concerns and lead businesses to foster their communities? Join us for a conversation that explores the ways in which innovative women are changing the industry’s business models, values, and operations.
- Zita Cobb, founder and CEO of the Shorefast Foundation and Fogo Island Inn
- Monique Greenwood, owner and CEO of Akwaaba Bed and Breakfast Inns
- Sheldon Scott, director of culture at Eaton DC, founder of Project Unlearn, and artist
Required. $25 general; $20 members, seniors, students. Price includes museum admission and Catalyst cocktail hour. Program will be live-streamed at nmwa.org/freshtalk4change.
The two-day MakeHER Summit will empower and celebrate creative women entrepreneurs in a dynamic mashup of the museum’s annual Maker’s Mart and the renowned Fresh Talk public programs series. Events include:
- MakeHER Mart, Sunday, October, 27. Shop hand-crafted arts and merchandise of local women artists and artisans.
- MakeHER Workshops, Monday, October 28. NMWA will offer several workshops for creative entrepreneurs at all levels.
This event will have an American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation option. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to the event.