Slow Art Day
“...to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time”—Georgia O’Keeffe
Join a movement! Slow Art Day is an international event encouraging people of all ages to visit museums and to look at art slowly.
- To break out of your typical “go, go, go” routine.
- To learn about yourself, fellow participants, and and the creative works of women artists.
- Discover and connect to new artworks.
HOW IT WORKS:
Participants will examine at least five works of art for 10 minutes each, and then meet over lunch to talk about their experiences. Simple by design, the goal is to focus on the artwork and the art of seeing. Museum staff will be present to provide you with artwork suggestions and questions to consider.
- 12–12:15 p.m.—Check in
- 12:15–1:15 p.m.—Look at five artworks for 10 minutes each
- 1:15–2 p.m.—Discuss your experience in the galleries with a museum educator
Required. Free with museum admission.