Women’s History Month
Celebrate Women’s History Month with us!
The museum’s mission year-round is to address gender imbalance in the art world, but every March—Women’s History Month—NMWA has an opportunity to catch the attention of a wider audience to celebrate women artists. For Women’s History Month in 2016, NMWA launched a successful social media campaign asking, “Can you name #5womenartists?” See how the museum championed women in the arts and stay tuned for more offerings next year!
HIGHLIGHTS FROM WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH 2016:
- Posted a blog introducing the campaign: Can You Name #5WomenArtists?
- Hosted a fourth annual Art + Feminism Wikipedia-edit-a-thon
- Hosted an #EmptyNMWA Instameet on International Women’s Day.
- Took over @52museums, a global Instagram account showcasing different museums.
- Participated in #MuseumWeek with thousands of museums worldwide.
- Created a Buzzfeed quiz: Which of these #5womenartists are you?
- Garnered press coverage in New York Magazine, The Huffington Post, The Atlantic, and others.
- Summarized the month’s successes in a blog post: March Madness: A Digital Dive into Women’s History Month.