Women's History Month
Celebrate Women’s History Month with us!
We’re offering exciting events at NMWA in addition to fun features, discounts, and contests to get you involved through social media. Check out below to see what we’re doing this month.
SOCIAL MEDIA OFFERINGS IN MARCH:
- Every week in March, check Facebook and Twitter for a new weekly Women’s History Month content, questions, and conversations.
- Be part of our picture quilt on Instagram by posting a picture of your favorite quilt. Follow us at @womeninthearts and include the hashtag #NMWAquilt in your post. Our favorites will win a prize!
- Throughout March, receive half-price museum admission by checking in on Foursquare.
- Can’t make it to all of our events listed below? Follow along online as we live tweet Artist Conversation: Judy Chicago & Jane Gerhard (#JudyChicagoTalk, March 2, 5–6 p.m.) and Curator Talk: “Workt by Hand” (#CuratorTalk, March 21, 12–1 p.m.).
- Keep checking our blog Broad Strokes, for new posts throughout the month.
EVENTS AT NMWA IN MARCH:
|March 2||12–5 p.m.||Free Community Day: March 2014|
|March 2||5–7 p.m.||Artist Conversation: Judy Chicago & Jane Gerhard|
|March 5||12–12:30 p.m.||Gallery Talk: Fabulous Functionality|
|March 5||7:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m.||Shenson Chamber Music Concert: Inbal Segev|
|March 12||12–12:30 p.m.||Gallery Talk: Complicated and Creative Crazy Quilts|
|March 16||12–5 p.m.||Free Community Day & In-gallery Demonstrations|
|March 16||12–5 p.m.||Workshop: Catch the Quilting Bug|
|March 19||12–12:30 p.m.||Gallery Talk: Must You Be So Formal?|
|March 21||12–1 p.m.||Curator Talk: “Workt by Hand”|
|March 24||7–9:30 p.m.||Environmental Film Festival: The Barefoot Artist|
|March 25||7–9:30 p.m.||Environmental Film Festival: Sokola Rimba|
|March 26||12–12:30 p.m.||Gallery Talk: “Workt by Hand”|
|March 29||11 a.m.–2:30 p.m.||Theater: SWAN Day 2014|
|March 30||10 a.m.–5 p.m.||Wikipedia Edit-a-thon 2014|