Important Information about COVID-19
As a result of guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and DC Health regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus), and the high priority we place on the well-being of our visitors, volunteers, and staff, the National Museum of Women in the Arts (NMWA) is extending its temporary closure until further notice. Please check back with us on May 3, 2020. Due to the developing nature of the situation, NMWA will continue to reassess its plans as needed. Updates will be provided here as they become available.
All currently scheduled gallery talks, tours, and public programs through May 3 are also canceled or postponed. For specific programs, please see below. The Museum Shop is also closed. If you purchased museum admission tickets online, you may use your tickets any time in the next six months. If you require a refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, we invite the public to enjoy our social media accounts and online resources, particularly during our ongoing #5WomenArtists campaign. This initiative challenges individuals and organizations to name their favorite women artists and raise awareness of gender inequity in the art world. You can also visit our Museum From Home page for a growing list of online resources.
We recognize that cultural venues serve as places of sanctuary and tranquility, especially during stressful times. All of us at NMWA look forward to gathering with you once again at the museum as soon as possible to enjoy the power and beauty of the arts. Be well and stay safe.
In response to recent news regarding COVID-19, the museum has decided to cancel or postpone all programs and events through May 3, including:
- All gallery talks, tours, and Conversation Pieces
- March 20: Artist Lecture: Delita Martin
- March 20: Spring Fever Tour
- March 21: Environmental Film Festival Screening
- March 24: #5WomenArtists Gallery Talk
- March 25: Shenson Chamber Music Concert: The McDermott Trio with violist Paul Neubauer
- March 26: NMWA Late Nights
- April 2-3: VTS Beginner Practicum
- April 4: Museum Day
- April 5: Cultural Capital: Radical Empathy
- April 5: Fierce Women Tour
- April 17: Spring Gala—POSTPONED
- April 18: Young Learner Tour: Portrait Party
- April 27: NMWA Late Hours
- May 3: Free Community Day
Events not listed will proceed as planned, but may be canceled as circumstances evolve. Please check this page for the most up-to-date listing of cancellations.
Ticket holders will be notified of the cancellation by email and offered a full refund. In the event of a postponement, ticket holders will have the option to keep their tickets for the new date.
Updated: March 20, 2020