Women’s History Month
Celebrate Women’s History Month with us!
The museum’s mission year-round is to address gender imbalance in the art world, but every March—Women’s History Month—NMWA has an opportunity to catch the attention of a wider audience to celebrate women artists. Find out what’s happening this year!
What’s on for Women’s History Month 2017
- Can you name #5WomenArtists? Join in the second year of NMWA’s popular social media campaign to highlight women in the arts by taking the challenge and following/posting about #5WomenArtists on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, and tag us @WomenInTheArts.
EVENTS AT THE MUSEUM:
- #5WomenArtists Scavenger Hunt, daily in March. Players will explore NMWA’s collection and snap photos to share on social media. Instructions at the info desk and here.
- Wikipedia Edit-a-thon 2017, March 11. Forty-four participants edited 83 Wikipedia articles about women artists.
- FRESH TALK: Ann Hamilton and Emily Pilloton, March 29, 7–9:30 p.m. Artist Ann Hamilton and designer Emily Pilloton discuss the impact of making on learning and inspiring future innovators.
OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA EVENTS:
- #ArtMadness: NMWA anchors four slots of the “bracket” in the Albright-Knox Gallery’s NCAA March Madness-themed competition. This year features exclusively female artists. Starts March 14.
- Takeovers and Events:
March 1: NMWA shared nature-themed works from @BalboaPark’s Instagram account.
March 1: NMWA took over Brightest Young Things’ Twitter and Instagram accounts.
March 8: NMWA staff shared their favorite works for #InternationalWomensDay.
March 10: #EmptyNMWA InstaMeet participants captured the newly reinstalled collection.
March 13–17: NMWA held the @52museums handle.