NMWA offers paid and unpaid internships for undergraduate and graduate students and recent graduates seeking valuable experience in the heart of Washington, D.C.
Internship opportunities are available seasonally in the fall, spring, and summer in a variety of departments. Unpaid interns must make a minimum commitment of 20 hours (2.5 days) per week for three months. Paid interns must commit to 40 hours (5 days) per week for 12 weeks.
Internships: Summer 2016
- Development Internship
- Director’s Office Internship
- Education & Digital Engagement Internship
- Finance Internship
- Library & Research Center Internship
- Membership Internship
- Publications & Communications/Marketing Internship
- Registrar Internship
We offer the following endowed funds that may be applied toward open internships. If you are interested in applying for one of the following paid internships, please read the description for the time commitments, required qualifications, and application procedures.
To apply for an endowed internship, complete the online application for the department you are interested in and indicate your interest within your cover letter.
- Coca-Cola Endowed Internship (Summer, Fall, Spring)
- Elizabeth Stafford Hutchinson Endowed Internship (Summer only)
- Massachusetts State Committee Endowed Internship (Summer only)
Applicants may apply for up to three internships per season. A separate electronic application is required for each position. Only applications submitted via our online form will be considered.
Read through Application Procedures carefully before submitting an application.
To apply, submit an electronic application (except for the Dettre Archival Internship); uploaded documents should be submitted in PDF format.Please note the electronic application is only available when there are open internships.
- Summer Term (June–August): March 15
- Fall Term (September–December): June 15
- Spring Term (January–May): October 15
All applications will be acknowledged via an email receipt by NMWA.
Refer to the Internship FAQ for further inquiries.