Advanced Teacher Institute
The next Advanced Teacher Institute will take place July 22–26, 2019.
During this week-long advanced practicum, alumni of NMWA’s ABC Teacher Institute apply their knowledge of the Art, Books, and Creativity (ABC) curriculum and expand upon it.
- Work with a book artist; curriculum specialists in visual arts, science, and language arts; and National Museum of Women in the Arts’ (NMWA) educators.
- Expand their tool kit of book formats, writing samples, and ABC curriculum integration ideas.
- Explore the parallels between studio habits of mind and STEM innovation thinking.
- Experiment with inquiry methods designed to encourage creative and critical thinking among their students.
- Develop a new interdisciplinary unit for their specific classroom needs from concept to final design.
This program is free ($30 materials fee collected upon registration) and takes place for one week, Monday, July 22 through Friday, July 26, 2019, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
Once educators receive notification of acceptance into the Advanced Teacher Institute, they will receive information about obtaining three graduate credit hours by registering through Trinity Washington University. 2019 tuition rates will be announced May 2019.
If you wish to be informed about this and other teacher professional development offerings, complete the teacher email list form.
- Application Deadline: Monday, May 6, 2019
- Acceptance Notification: Monday, May 20, 2019
The ABC curriculum and professional development content presented online and in the Summer Teacher Institute were developed by NMWA and its partners between 2003 and 2010 with two grants from the U.S. Department of Education.
The 2017 ABC Advanced Teacher Institute was supported by the Leo Rosner Foundation and Wells Fargo.