Your generosity will help the museum promote the work of women artists through exhibitions, programs, publications and advocacy efforts.
Our success requires the support of generous donors who recognize the value of women artists, past and present. There are many ways to give to NMWA:
Donations can be made by credit card, cash or check, and are tax deductible.
Most, if not all, of your membership is tax deductible.
Charitable Income Tax Deduction
Anyone itemizing their income tax return is eligible for a charitable income tax deduction. Here are some things to know:
- Appreciated Assets: Gifts of appreciated stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or real property that have been held longer than 12 months offer the best tax advantages. They are deductible at their full fair market value, up to 30% of adjusted gross income. The capital gains tax is avoided. Excess deductions can be carried forward into as many as five additional tax years.
- Cash Contributions: Cash contributions are deductible up to 50% of your adjusted gross income and excess deductions can be carried forward into as many as five additional tax years.
- IRA Transfers: If you are 70 ½ years of age or older, you can transfer up to $100,000 from your IRA account to NMWA. If the transfer is made directly to NMWA, the withdrawal is not taxable as income. There is no additional charitable income tax deduction.
- Life Income Gifts: Life income gifts are a way to receive fixed or variable payments for life while providing the remainder to NMWA.
- Donor-Advised Fund Transfers: If you have a donor-advised fund, you can make a transfer to NMWA. For information regarding the regulations governing gifts made via Donor-Advised Funds, please check with your fund manager or financial planner. To notify NMWA about the gift, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-875-4627.
For assistance or wiring instructions to make a gift from your IRA, donor-advised fund, or a brokerage account, please contact our office at 866-875-4627 or 202-266-2813.
You may make a gift in honor or in memory of someone by completing the donation form and selecting the Tribute box.
Commemorative nameplates in the Great Hall start at $2,500. Please call the Membership office at 866-875-4627 for more information.
Gifts to the endowment ensure that NMWA has a stable financial base. With this foundation, the museum will continue to inspire people by celebrating the creative achievements of women for generations to come. Contact Alexa Kaye at 202-266-2813 or email@example.com to make a gift to the endowment.
Double Your Gift
Looking to increase the impact of your gift? Use the search tool below to see if your employer participates in a matching gift program. Many companies will even match to spouses and retirees.